Monday, July 5, 2010

Touring Taipei

Even though it had been 30+ hours since I slept, I woke up at seven thirty. Took till nine to check my computer, get dressed, etc. and go out into the small living room ourside of my room I was staying in. On the table outside, I found some rice porrige, which had eggs, eggplant, and some salty jello type of thing in it. Went downstairs, found out that we were going to wait for Vivi's (I think that is what she told me to call her) boyfriend to come with his car; learning this, I went back upstairs and finished downloading pictures to the passport drive and typing another blog entry.

Since the other girl had gone off to prep school, Vivi and her boyfriend decided to take me to Taipei. Things we did: went to Taipei's famous beef noodle shop, went to the national history museum, bought milk topica tea, and went and shopped at Taipei 101's mall. While shopping in the area, I bought a pair of poloroid sunglasses for 850 (worth twice that supposedly). We also bought some pinapple cakes to bring to the airport and share with the other students. Concluded the day by watching Transformers, blogging some more, skyping, and downloading pictures.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know Jello could be salty. And riddle me this - why is it called an "egg"plant?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe the salty jello could be tofu or dou-hua which made out of tofu.

    ReplyDelete